Faith to Move Mountains
Faith is the most powerful word after Jesus and Love. Jesus said all we need is a mustard seed of faith, and we can move mountains (Matthew 17.20). But why is something so small and assessable as a mustard seed seem so difficult to find and procure?
The Devil knows that faith is simple, which is why he tries so hard to make it sound unattainable. But it’s not. In fact, all it takes is a little trust, imagination and action.
Faith for a Wall Clock
I have a garage gym, and for a while now I’ve wanted a big wall clock with a second hand, so I can time my cardio calisthenics. *If you are looking for a great at home workout program, purchase my books, Fearlessly Fit and Fearlessly Fit at Home.
I finally bought my clock from Amazon, two day shipping, and for the past few days, I keep looking at my wall completely expecting my clock to be there. I can envision it up there and my mind responds to my belief. I may not have seen it with my physical eyes, but everything inside of me is assured its already there, so I respond out of that confidence. My faith is more real than my reality.
“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see” (Hebrews 11.1 NIV).
The Word became Flesh
Words are a part of our language. What is language? It is the expression of all of our thoughts, ideas, beliefs and feelings. It is the audible or visual expression of who we are. John says that Jesus is the Word, the ability for all things to express their existence through sound and movement. And what does the Word do? It becomes Flesh.
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us…” (John 1.14 NIV).
As the Word becomes Flesh, the words we speak become physical, but first we must speak and move according to our belief.
Every time I look up at my wall to see my clock, I am expressing my belief through movement. Every time I declare that my clock is there, I am expressing my belief through sound. I am demonstrating faith in my words and actions.
Faith in the Supernatural
Having faith in human promises is easy. I pay Amazon and believe the company will fulfill its order. Having faith in God’s promises should be easy, right? He is the Creator of the Universe and the Savior of our souls. Surely, if He can save us from eternity in hell, He can do anything.
We struggle with our faith because we don’t fully believe God. This is a serious problem. We will never fulfill the dreams that God has for us unless we believe.The miracle of belief first occurs in us. Then it infiltrates our world. Click To Tweet
“Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father” (John 14.12 NIV).
If we say we have faith, and our words and actions don’t follow suit, our faith is dead. Our words and actions must respond to our belief. If we are struggling to fully believe, we must ask God to help us with our unbelief. God wants us to believe, so He fulfill the promises He has for us. Sometimes we must get our words and actions moving according to our promises in order to ignite our dead faith.
“In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead” (James 2.17 NIV).
What You Can Do Ignite Your Faith
If God has given you promises, you can do everything in the external to achieve those promises. But all your work will be fruitless unless the miracle of belief is birthed within you. Don’t forget. Faith is small and assessable or Jesus wouldn’t have compared it to a mustard seed. You don’t need a truck load of seeds. You just need one little, tiny seed to move a mountain. One seed of faith planted inside of you to unleash your destiny. But how? Here is a list of what I am doing to ignite my faith. Will you join me?
- Know your Father. If you don’t know who God is, you won’t trust His words for your life. Intimacy is in inside job. Take time every day to really get to know your Father. Intimacy takes time, so don’t try to rush it. Just seek Him, and your relationship with God will grow.
- Read your Bible. If Jesus is the Word, then His Spirit is the Bible. Drink from it every day. Even if you don’t feel like it’s doing anything at first, keep drinking and reading. Your spiritual saturation will start to show, and it will fuel your faith.
- Pray all the time. Start to pray about everything. What you eat, what you drink, what you wear, where you Go….it may sound funny, but include God in ALL your decisions, not just the big ones. When you start seeing God come through for you in the little things, you’ll be more likely to trust Him for the bigger things.
- Speak your promises. Fight doubt with faith! Speak God’s promises out lout all the time. You may sound ludicrous at first, but that’s okay! God’s plans are bigger than you. He can and will accomplish everything He sets out to do. He just needs your belief! Don’t speak your reality. Speak God’s reality! Unleash what’s in heaven onto earth with your words. They are the key!
- Move in trust. Your decisions and actions every day should be dictated by your belief. If you are believing God for something, you want to move in the direction of that promise. You may not be able to accomplish the full vision of your destiny alone, but you can at least do your part. Make sure you are responding according to belief, not doubt.
- Don’t give up. God is preparing you to carry the burden of your promises. This may take time, especially if your promises is a big one! Don’t quit. Learn to wait. The process is part of the promise. The longer the wait, the sweeter the victory. Don’t lose heart. Learn to enjoy each day as a person pregnant with destiny. The birth will come according to God’s timing.
- Bind and Loose it! Seek God’s will, learn His promises in His word, then forbid (bind) and loose (permit) according to His Kingdom Plan. Is something in your life that is not of God. Forbid it! Is something missing from your life that God wants you to have. Permit it! You have power as a child of God. Learn to use that power to accomplish ALL God has for you!
“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 18.18 NIV).